Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mother's Day

The day before Mother's Day I went to the store and bought a pregnancy test. I had actually taken one previous during the week that was negative but I wanted to make sure since I was having so many symptoms pointing to positive. I took the test when I got home. Rob and I were not really "worried" that it was positive and were joking around about it. Then came the words "Pregnant!" Holy Cow! This changed our day and our lives. We couldn't believe it. Even four days later we are still trying to wrap our brains around the idea of having FOUR kids. I had never even imagined three until a few years ago and now FOUR!
Though this is a big surprise, it is a God's blessing. We can plan all we want and decide where we want to live and how many children we want to have and who we want to marry, but it is God who decides our journey. Though I do not feel well and it is a very big surprise, I welcome God's blessing with open arms. I know this child will be an added addition to our family, no matter who or what they are. Thank you God for this blessing and for this time in my life. "For I know the plans that I have for you says the LORD..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of two boys and a girl. Their ages are 7, 5 and almost 3. I have been happily married for 12 years. I love spending time with my family and being a mom.