Tuesday, February 14, 2012

1 year ago...

One year ago, at 7:00 am, we got the phone call that I had waited 2 years for. Our social worker told us that we could go and get our daughter. What an amazing Valentine's present. I honestly can not tell you much about the rest of the day. I do remember trying to make travel plans and pack but I don't remember anything else. I wanted to leave right away. My husband wanted me to wait until Friday...Wednesday was our compromise. Thinking about what happened one year ago brings so much joy and excitement to my heart. Today we celebrated Valentine's Day as a family of five. I made dinner, Rob made a cheesecake and we played a game together, the five of us. What a special day. Last year will be my favorite Valentine's Days forever and always, a day that changed our lives forever. Seven years ago I went for a glucose test on Valentine's Day when I was pregnant with Mark. Another wonderful day....one more day closer to meeting my first born.
Thank you Jesus for this wonderful day...a day that we can celebrate love, family and the ultimate kind of love that you give us. Thank you.

Next week we will celebrate: Our forever family day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of two boys and a girl. Their ages are 7, 5 and almost 3. I have been happily married for 12 years. I love spending time with my family and being a mom.