Tuesday, July 19, 2011

First Grade and EKG

The summer is over and Mark started first grade yesterday. He was ready, I was not. When we met the teacher last week, I was telling Mark that I would cry on the first day of school because I would miss him so much. He told me that I was just too silly. I did cry on the first day. He was ready to go and dressed, breakfast consumed all by himself. He had a great day. When I picked him up, he talked more about school than he ever has. I was a proud mommy. Today he went off to school just the same, ready to go. Although, not quite as talkative today as yesterday.
When I told Mark that I prayed for him all day yesterday, he asked me how that was possible, that I would be too busy for that. It is amazing what we mothers can do when we worry about our kids.

Okay, so today I had to have an EKG done. I have been having chest pains off and on for two weeks now. So, after them getting worse yesterday (thinking that I had the first day of school blues), I finally made an appointment to go see the doctor. Since I am a runner and so fit, I knew that it couldn't be my heart. Although, the first pains awoke me from a dead sleep so strong that I could barely breathe, but I was able to go back to sleep. So, the doc checked me out and after a clear bill of health, she did an EKG. I was perfectly normal. So, we are treating heart burn or reflux and see if this helps the pains in my chest. I will keep you up to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of two boys and a girl. Their ages are 7, 5 and almost 3. I have been happily married for 12 years. I love spending time with my family and being a mom.