Sunday, May 15, 2011

one of those days

Yesterday was just one of those days. My oldest son just pushed and pushed the limit. By the end of the day I was in tears and just wanted to pull my hair out. Therefore, I did what any mother would do: I cried a little, had a heart to heart with my son and when all the kids went to bed, I shared a margarita with my husband.
I just don't understand it. Sometimes, meaning most days, my kids listen and don't have a problem. Then, there are the other days that they wake up and decide not to listen to a single thing you say. Yesterday was one of these days. I disciplined, I talked, I raised my voice, nothing seemed to work. When this happens, I obsess about what I could have done differently. How could I have been a better mother? How do I do better next time? I did this today. I went to the movies alone, I prayed, I thought a lot and besides that, today was a much better day and seemed to get my son back.
Friday, the day before the bad day was not good either. Well, just 1/2 hour of it...Luke fell, hit his head, Rebecca got into something she shouldn't have and then I discovered after hanging the frame that I had just bought, was damaged. Oh well....some days are like that even in Australia.

Later Friday night.... I really enjoyed my evening. I was able to have dinner with a wonderful family. I did a send off party for a Make-A-Wish family. I can not tell you enough of how much I love working with these kids. They thank me for what I do, but little do they know what these kids do for me. I have the best volunteer job there is: I get to help kids! This family will get to enjoy a week at Disney at no cost. What breaks my heart, when the family returns, the little boy has to endure open heart surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of two boys and a girl. Their ages are 7, 5 and almost 3. I have been happily married for 12 years. I love spending time with my family and being a mom.