Thursday, September 22, 2011

It's a small world after all...

I grew up going to Disneyland and Rob grew up going to Disney World and we could argue about which one is better (I would win because in my mind Disneyland is better because that is what I grew up with haha). But nonetheless, it is so much fun to make new memories with our family. Two years ago, we went to Disney World two days before Christmas. It was crazy. I love seeing Disney at Christmas time but I don't think that I would ever do it again; too many people. Although, as we went on our first family vacation of five people, we had a great time at Disneyland.
The first day we had breakfast with Mickey at our hotel Paradise Pier. I had everyone dressed up with matching shirts. We had a great day. For lunch, we came back to our hotel, had PBJ's and swam while Rebecca took a nap. Then back to the park for more fun. The Color of Wonder show at California adventure was really impressive. The next day, we got into the park early once again and had an extra hour with Mickey and friends in Toon Town. We had lunch in the park and then dinner at Goofy's Kitchen. The characters came to the table as we ate an all you can eat affair. It was wonderful. We ended the night with fireworks and Fantasia. Day three we started at the beach and then we went to my niece's wedding. I don't think that she is old enough to get married because in my eyes, she is still a little kid. Day four was supposed to be family pictures at the beach and then home, but we had to cancel the pictures and we enjoyed another morning at Disney instead.
The beach was so much fun, cold but fun. Rebecca had never been to the beach but she ran right to the waves and knew just what to do. The kids had a great time and they didn't get cold at all.
The boys favorite thing at Disney was Pirate Island. I think between two days, they spent three hours there. If you have never been to Pirate Island, I would suggest you go. You can walk all over the island, trying to find the big treasure (too bad the money wasn't real). Rebecca even enjoyed it on day two as she ran through the caves and over the bridges with her big brothers.
All in all, we had a great vacation. It was too soon to come home, just like always. I will try to post pictures tomorrow and let my blog visits be more frequent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of two boys and a girl. Their ages are 7, 5 and almost 3. I have been happily married for 12 years. I love spending time with my family and being a mom.