Friday, August 19, 2011

bragging and funny things

I don't know who taught my daughter to count to 20 and to sing the ABC's and to recognize her letters at the age of 21 months. I also don't know who taught not only the meaning of congruent to my 1st grade son but also how to spell it. Probably the same person taught him what a triangular prism is. My kids are learning some great things. It makes me very proud that Mark came home today with straight E's which is the same as A's. He is a very bright kid.
Today, Rebecca was saying "Do Da, Do Da" and Luke asked Rebecca why she spoke Spanglish. To this I responded, "Are you sure it isn't Korean?"
Yesterday I was driving in the rain with just Rebecca. I don't remember why, but I said the word "crap." She immediately put her hand on her head and repeated the word. When I looked at her, it was priceless, and I just started laughing. In return she started laughing. Not a word that I want her to say, but what she looked like was exactly how I felt. What a priceless moment and really when I needed a good laugh.
So, Monday is our big day when our adoption becomes final. I bought Rebecca this adorable dress that is blue with stars on it. I thought it was perfect for the occasion.
I also bought Disney shirts for our upcoming trip to Disney that say "Norris Family Vacation" since this will be our first family vacation of 5 and we will all be Norris'.
During this trip, we have three days at Disney, a day at the beach, family pictures and we will be attending my Niece's wedding. I am so excited to go. Not only that, I will be excited to get out of this humid weather. Since I have been training for a race, I have been doing a lot of running and the humidity has been horrible. I don't think that I would love living the South.
Enough for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of two boys and a girl. Their ages are 7, 5 and almost 3. I have been happily married for 12 years. I love spending time with my family and being a mom.